11.23.2015

MAC CENTRIC BASE


Sorting through my make up collection on the weekend got me thinking about not only the products I use most regularly but also the brands. I've found that I have a lot of MAC stuff - particularly base products - I think it's because its not too expensive. Don't get me wrong I always have to justify splurging £20 on a foundation from MAC but it's nowhere near spending £30+ on one from brands such as Nars or Illamasqua. I thought I would just put together a little post to show you some of my fave face products from MAC.

As far as primers go it has to be Strobe Cream (£24.50), it packs a punch and will leave your face hydrated and glowy. I particularly like this in the winter months as I feel my skin gets a little drier so this nifty little product helps to instantly perk it up, no matter what foundation I put over the top. You can also mix this in with your foundation or use it post- foundation by dabbing it on the high points of your face. Another quite glowy product is the famous Face and Body Foundation (£22). This particular one took me a while to get used to as it has such an odd consistency! I've resorted to putting it on with a damp beauty sponge as I feel on my skin I get the best finish, but please do let me know how you guys apply it! I tend to use this foundation for events when I know there will be flash photography as it has no SPF so you won't get the dreaded flash back! A thing to watch out for with this foundation is that it is very dark - I have the lightests one yet I can only really pull it off after bathing in self tan. Pro Longwear Concealer (£17.50) is very much a cult product in the beauty world. It gives a great coverage and it is amazing for highlighting under the eyes if you get a few shades lighter. You also get tons of product with this one - always a bonus! Talking about highlighting under the eyes, I recently purchased the Shaping Powder in Emphasise (£16) which I use very sparingly under my eyes to brighten them. It's got a tiny bit of shimmer so you do sometimes have to use a light hand. It's also great for highlighting other areas of the face and as an eyeshadow. The Studio Fix Powder(£22) is hands down the best setting powder for your foundation!! I use it every day (I've even hit pan..) and can't imagine using anything else. I personally don't think it adds that much coverage but rather just helps to smooth everything over. Last but not least, Lightscapade Mineralise Skin Finish (£24) is one of the first high end products I ever bought! About 2 years on and I'm still loving it. I like to use it with Mary Loumanizer from The Balm to get my highlight poppin. However, it can be used on its own for a slight glow from within.

What are your favourite products from MAC?
 
Olivia
1 comment on "MAC CENTRIC BASE"
  1. The strobe cream sounds lovely! I have to check out all of your recommendations!

    xx, A Little Dose of Makeup

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments and i will reply to all of them!

Don't forget to follow, or leave the link of your blog as i love to discover new blogs!

Olivia X